Shopping 101

Shopping Tips 101 - I know.. a lot of you out there looking at me with much skepticism but when shopping sometimes we girls tend to loose our heads.. As soon as we see a great bargain we jump at it without thinking twice.. only to go come home to a bag full of stuffs going.. “What was I thinking?”.. Like many of you.. I have been there myself.. Sometimes the lighting the loud music the other girl eyeing my purchase drives us to make impulse decisions.. so I decided to share with you some of my shopping habits and tips I picked up from mags

Pre-shopping
1. Take stock of what you already have

Heard of the line “a girl can never have too many …” Yes you can especially if you already have that black top to go with that other black top.. *yawns.. boring.. For me, if I already have something of a similar style.. I rarely buy another one to include in my collection.

So before a sale spree… do some spring cleaning.. some of those stuffs get buried in your closet somewhere you wouldn’t even remember when you bought it or if you even worn it. This way you don’t duplicate your purchases…plus you’ll find that you already have what you need…



2. Have a list

Before you start.. have a list of things you wanna add to your wardrobe…

I do this especially during my shopping fast… I try not to buy unless I see something in my list of things… This way I end of buying something that I really need in the first place.. so it’s ‘okay’ during a shopping fast


3. Research


Research kinda goes hand in hand with making a list.. go thru mags… blogs.. fashion sites to have a feel what the trends or style is like before buying something that’s last season..



In action

4. Make time

Always make time for shopping! Set a date with your girl pals for a day out.. or even a day for shopping therapy.. Jumping into a sale rush during your lunch break.. you find yourself making impulse buys just cos it’s cheap.. to find later that you probably picked a size to big/ small..


5. Dress to undress

When out on a shopping spree .. wear clothes easy to take off and put on again.. else wear light clothes that are a little clingy… This comes in handy especially when you see a long line in front of the fitting rooms and you only have that few pieces to try on..

No time shall be wasted while bargain hunting!


6.Bring a friend

Having your girl pals with you is a great way to get an opinion when you try on that to die for dress! Plus an extra pair of eyes helps when you’ve no mirrors around you.

Word of caution… choose your shopping partners wisely and don’t lose sight of how others can influence your buying decisions. This is often referred to as “group-level consideration,” meaning that the group, not you, establishes the spending norms and defines what is acceptable and condonable.

You don’t wanna be influenced / pressured to buy that RM600 stilettos just cos the rest of your pals says “it’s alright”..


7. Trial run

Needless to say.. do a trial run make sure you feel comfortable when trying on… “fill in the blanks with the items below”

Tops – I choose to call it the Halleluiah technique.. make sure you can lift up your arms… like all the way up .. this is also a good technique to make sure your tees are long enough to cover the belly.. if you’re self conscious of having your belly hanging out of your pants
Bottoms (i.e. pants/ skirts/ jeans) – do squats… sit down… to make sure your tummy feels comfortable around the waist band.. you wouldn’t want to use the pants only for standing

Shoes – walk… run… skip around the shop

Post Shopping


9.Empty bags

Take out all your purchases… Don’t spend all that money to have your new pretty stuff hiding in your cupboard somewhere… and finally when you wanna wear it.. it’s too tight.. loose.. etc…

Give your pieces the chance to make you look good!


10. Mix and MatchWhile emptying your bags… think of how you can mix and match your olds with your news.. giving the old a nice new twist as well as strutting your brand new outfit!

*smile.. and Stay Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...