Nails Sanctuary at The Strand

I wriggle my toes with glee, looking at the purple war paint that moves daintily along.

Yes darlings, this is a post on a sanctuary found in The Strand for your nails :) Us divas, found yet another to-die for deal on Mydeal.com.my for a basic pedicure session at Le Sanctuary Nails & Waxing for RM18. 

The Ambience

Squeaky clean white tiled floors which you could literally see your own reflection in, greets you, with majestic regal looking chairs to settle your tush on. A nice back pillow placed strategically for your back to rest on. We weren’t left there to die of thirst throughout the entire 60 mins pedicure, which I loved. More water/ coffee/tea needed? Sure, the therapists would happily give you a refill! I swear! All nail parlors should do this!


Pretty and cosy - The mani bar
If you look closer - that counter basically shows most of the services that they have - shelf of colours for nails; massage oil for massages; cleansers and toners for facials.




The Process:


The basic pedi included the normal - a momentary soak in lukewarm water + salt, a scrub, shaping/ trimming of nails and cuticles, and OPI colour. They do carry China Glaze. which us Divas were no fan of, and it'd have been perfect if they had more variety of colours. 

The basic pedi is also inclusive of a relaxing paraffin wax wrap. The paraffin wax is meant to whiten the feet – I thought it was just soothing to have my sore feet wrapped in something warm. My feet were all wrapped like a winter bunny - furry and white to get the wax to settle nicely in.

Lookey - My feet is white or what?
The winter bunny feet - all fuzzy and warm :)
I must point out to you girls - my legs are so scrubbed, they SHINE!! *grins*.
Now that's what I call effective scrubbing!!!

Service:

Pedis & manis and waxing are their main service lines, but they also have threading, massage and facial services. Eyebrow threading costs about RM12, whilst lip threading costs about RM10. I was threaded from corner to corner when I opted for the lip threading – not only were the whiskers from the upper lip removed, the bottom lips were give the same treatment. Whiskers free! Yippee!!! Me likey!
           
The good

The trained therapists were friendly  good – nails nicely trimmed and cut, and just the right amount of pressure applied for scrubs and massage.

The less good:

My nails weren’t left to dry long enough – perhaps it’s cause I had run off for a bit for threading L So, a couple of toes’ nail polish had ran
There were only three nail therapists (and all of them were cutely dressed in a pink uniform, I might add). We were clever enough to take the 1st slot of the day another customer had arrived half an hour after us, and she was served by the threading therapists, who seemed like she didn’t know anything about pedis/manis! That poor girl! (There were 3 of us, and only 3 of them)


Cleanliness and Hygiene:

I am one for cleanliness of tools used when it comes to pedis & manis – and much to my joy, each apparatus were sanitized prior using them, and each therapists had their own set of tools. You might wonder why is that even important. Well, some nail parlors that I’ve been to had actually shared a measly pair of nail clippers! Like hello?! You’re running a nail parlor here, the least you can do is equip yourself you’re the service you’re providing! Hence, whatever germs from the previous ‘s customers smelly feet will linger on that pair of communal clippers, and transferred on to yours. Yuck or what!? Anyway, rantings aside, it was comforting to know that Le Sanctuary did no such thing :)

Verdict:

Overall, I’d go back there for basic pedi/manis for the more popular colours (such as red and pink) that they carry AND for it’s threading. I had wanted to do an express mani, but it costs about RM20, which in my humblest opinion is too high a price for an express job! 

So divas, I came. I saw, I experienced Le Sanctuary. Now, what about you? *smiles*

Where at?

Le Sanctuary Nails & Waxing

41-2, Jalan PJU 5/20E,
The Strand, Kota Damansara
47810 Petaling Jaya
Selangor

Telephone: 016-2041901
Opening hours:
Tuesday- Sunday: 11am - 9pm
(Closed on Mondays)

Price:

Basic mani: RM40
Basic pedi: RM45 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...