Know your hats

As in my previous posting "Fun with scarfs" I have confessed, I have the "Nothing to wear Syndrome!" (i.e. wardrobe brusting with clothes.. but find nothing suitable to wear) .. Now hear me fashionistas.. I let you in my other secret.. I give myself a new look and add zest into my outfit by dorning one of my many Hats!

Yes! Yet another one of my secret obsession.. I collect Hats... especially now that it's too Hot outside.. instead of cramping my style with an umbrella.. I flash it out with one of my straw summer-y hats... and I'm ready to face to HOT outdoors..

So what kinda Hat suits your day out?


Fedora

One of the most popular hats that have been around for ages and stood the test of time ... the Fedora.. 
Fedora Hat

Usually associated with private detectives, gangsters, or other "tough guy" look especially when paired up with a trenchcoat .. Fedoras can make your casual outfit more chic and classy.. And oh-so-stylish when wearing those sunnies!

 

Beret


Mention the word Beret... and you would think French! Although Berets are commonly worn as part of the uniform of many military and police units worldwide.. it also makes a great fashion accessory!

The Beret is my personal fav! =P Of the many Hats I have.. I find the Beret the best kind of accessory.. especially during those bad hair days! It's versatile and comes in all shapes, sizes and material (eg cotton, crochet wool) plus adding by adding a pretty bow and flowers helps for that added glam.. Always handy to have 1 or 2 Berets stocked in your accessory closet..=)

Basic Beret 11.5 inchCrochet Beret 10.5 inch

aa-beretparis-1-beret



Straw Hat

Straw hats are another type of hat that has gained considerable popularity in the last few years.. Straw hats.. like Berets come in  many different styles and colors.. hence giving a more casual look.. or rather a more beach-y and summer-y feel to the outfit!  

Beach hatSummer Straw Hats Fashion Straw Hats Straw Cowboy Straw Hats Children Straw Hats Natural Straw Hat Lady's Straw Hats

Fascinators

Cliché as it sounds, I have a fascination for fascinators! What is a fascinator you ask…

A fascinator is a headpiece, a style of millinery. The word originally referred to a fine, lacy head covering akin to a shawl and made from wool or lace” – Wikipedia

The way I see it, fascinators is a more subtle way of accessorising your face without being too over the top.. or if hats simply just won’t do justice to your pretty face =) Who but Chelsea Davy (*ahem Prince Harry’s on off girlfriend) to show how to wear if right with fascinators..



 Chelsy Davy Chelsy Davy, on and off again girlfriend of Prince Harry, and Philippa "Pippa" Middleton, sister of Kate Middleton attend the wedding of Lady Katie Percy.Chelsy Davy Chelsy Davy, girlfriend of Prince Harry, leaving her house dressed in a blue Alberta Ferreti skirt, for the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton. She will reportedly be accompanying Prince Harry to the Royal Wedding.

Fascinators make a great hair accessory, but remember.. try not going over the top! Happy experimenting… till then *smile and stay fabulous!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...