Sommerset your nails

Miss Juicy has a confession. Miss Juicy is a deal-a-holic. So when a super deal of RM19.90 for a pedicure popped up on my screen on www.mydeal.com.my , I'd bought it almost immediately without thinking twice. Cheap Cheap!




Sommerset is nestled in Bangsar along Jalan Telawi 3. I got there after a long tiring day standing on my tired feet, so imagine how pampered I felt when someone touched and massaged my feet. 

Ok - so let's cut the chase and get down to the details.

Service:

Apart from nail services, Sommerset provides waxing services as well - face, eyebrows, legs, hands, just name the body part, and they'd wax it! Prices here are split 2 ways - normal and premium. I was told that the difference lies in the wax that is used. The premium one would  give rise to lesser pain than the normal one (sounds ouch!). I might just stay clear of a Brazilian then! They're currently having a promotion for Sommerset wax virgins. Check it out here

The good:
The beauty therapists were friendly, and efficient. I got my pedi done in slightly under 45 mins - not too sure whether it was because it was nearing closing time..hmm... The Paintjob was good, with evidence of stray paint cleaned so well, you'd never suspect any runny suspects.

I walked away as happy dappy as my my pink-orangy OPI coated toenails :)

The less good:
I was there for 45 minutes, but was not served any drinks - not even a drop of water :(

The process:
The pedi included the normal - a momentary soak in lukewarm water + salt, a scrub (done with slightly strong pressure, which was good for me coz it sure did scrub away all the grime and dirt from the day)., shaping/ trimming of nails and cuticles, and color. I enjoyed the fact that they used a warm towel to rub my legs after the scrub - it was most apt, as it was getting kinda chilly.

Cleanliness and Hygiene:
The white decorations and bright lights created a no-fuss, clean look. Not only did it look clean, it was indeed clean.
Call me weird, but for some reason this reminded me of the beach
The white stringy curtains like the palm trees' ferns
The white tiled flooring like the white sandy beach
The wooden floorboards like a wooden sea
Methinks I'm in need of a beach holiday
The therapists wore gloves, and a facial mask. I didn't really notice them cleaning the tools before using them, but I did notice the tools were given a wipe or two with alcohol/sterilizer (?)

The verdict: Miss Juicy likes! I wouldn't say that it was a wow-ing experience, nor was it dissapointing - the experience was precisely what I'd expect out of a classic pedi session. 

Prices:

Classic Pedi - RM45
Classic Mani - RM33
Express Pedi - RM20
Express Mani - RM15

Sommerset Nails & Waxing Sdn. Bhd. 
No. 19A First Floor, Jalan Telawi 3
Bangsar Baru, 59100, Kuala Lumpur.
(03) 2287 8887

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...