A Walk down Haji Lane, Singapore

Over the weekend .. I made a quick trip down to visit our Lovely neighbour down south Singapore! And yes... If you have your shopping radar on.. You'll know that it's the Great Singapore Sale!

Having a financial drought I took all measures to avoid the sale... No planned trips to Orchard .. Bugis.. Suntec.. Even if I had to take the MRT through the shopping mall.. I made a quick dash.. With both eyes at the floor heading straight for the MRT... But alas.. Even with my quick feet.. Iron determination.. The sale caught up with me!

An innocent coffee stop.. Had lured me into the lanes of Haji Lane...

  

Haji Lane, Day and Night.. To be honest.. the red neon lights scream "RED LIGHT DISTRICT".. was told that is was prevously one but not any more! =P



The tiny lane not more than a few hundred meters preserved in old architecture boasts small quaint shops with exciting fashion finds.. I must say I was most suprised to discover lane filled with little treasure troves.. However not having enough time I only managed to walk in a few.. One which I simply must rave about.. "Friends Boutique" (16 Haji Lane, Level 2)


I was quite caught by the colourful signboard which made me decide to climb the steps up.. most times.. I usually give the shops on the first floor a pass... but I'm glad I didn't..

Selling all things handmade and from their local designers this shop is an explosion of creativity.. from lego bracelets.. to measuring tape clips.. all the way to retro dresses (ah my fav).. to shoes! One of a kind.. hand painted shoes! Too Cute!


Good news.. they have a blogstore too! Shoodeedoo gotta ask if they deliver to Malaysia as well! =)

Too hard to resist.. I got small little clips for SGD9 (measuring tape) and SGD6 (chess piece)



Another one that I must mention Our Dating Place (42 Haji Lane #02-01).


A must visit store for their dresses.. espcially if you're gonna be shopping for a date! I suppose their name says it all =) Dresses range from SGD59 onwards.. with a pleasent 20% discount on all dresses! I simply loved the little black dress in the left pic.. unfortunately.. my empty pockets wailed out to me asking me to stop! A definitely must visit the next time I go back...

Alas... my time there was too short.. and I only could browse through the lane quickly before I had to leave.. but not before I took some pics to remind me of the shops to stop by the next time!

The Blogshop (35 Haji Lane)

Vainpot Boutique (42, Haji Lane) 
This one was having a store opening selling items as cheap as SGD18 


Wicked Laundry (76 Haji Lane)

Next time when you divas are planning a trip down to Singapore.. Forget the crowded Orchard Streets.. and check out Haji Lane.. a new splendor of all things fashion.. to get your fashionistas taste of heaven! till then.. *smile and stay fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...