Liberate Yourself - Permanent Hair Removal at Bella Skincare



Some girls have it lucky – they don’t have an overgrown turf (hair) on their legs or underarms. For some of us, to maintain the Diva in us, deforestation of the fuzz is NOT an option, it’s a MUST DO!


So, after many curious and longing gazes at the advertisements that screamed “Permanent Hair Removal” from Bella Skincare, I finally braved myself to book myself for a consultation for underarms hair removal. Bella Skincare does the Intense Pulse Light (IPL) hair removal using Depilux™ Hair Free System.







How is permanent hair removal even possible?


Well, apparently through IPL it is possible.
So, how does it work you ask? The system/device transmits pulsing light via the melanin pigment in the hair down into each hair follicle and uses heat to disable to hair-growth mechanism. (woah, enlightening aye?)
img3.gif
Yeah burly man, I feel you!
 
How does it feel?

What happens is, a gun like device is used to zap light into your hair follicle, thereby, petrifying hair follicles and disabling hair growth. So don't pluck those whiskers.


The feeling of being zapped, is till today, a bit hard to get use to. My toes curl up; muscles cringe to the point of getting cramps; each time I hear the machine starting up! Don’t get me wrong, it’s not excruciating pain, it just feels like a 1000 needles zapping through your skin (ok..ok, I think I’m scaring you, but trust me, it ain’t that pain! It’s tolerable pain)


Pricing

From the first consultation itself, I was a goner – I was so bought in by the hair free tag line that I had signed up for a 10 times IPL program for underarms for approximately RM2k.


Juicy disclaimer: Pricing of the package depends on the coarseness of your hair. Hence, each package is charged differently (at least, I’d like to console myself into thinking that! A mini me do think that the price is negotiable though..hmm…)


The Process

The therapists will cleanse your armpits, before calling the consultant to have a look at the hair farm to determine how extensive the treatment should be (i.e. power up or power down on the IPL). You'd then be shaven clean. If you're afraid of the pain, get the therapist to numb your skin with ice packs first. Thereafter, the zapping begins! You'd be given a pair of shades to protect your eyes from the light emitted via the zapping gun. Once done, you'd be rubbed down with cooling aloe vera gel - my favourite part of it all!

Service


The branch that I went to (I shall not disclose!) seemed to have their own internal politics. Consultants and therapists were leaving – I did not appreciate having passed on to different consultants. New consultants were unable to understand my needs, and I had to tolerate the whole ‘sales pitch’ of trying to get me to spend more money on other services with each new person. Darlings, you’ve been warned of the annoying pitch!


Apart from that, each session was professionally done, and hygiene was prioritized – not that I expect any less from such a renowned company. There was a mixture of friendly staff, and snobbish ones, whom in my opinion is in dire need of some customer service training!

So far, there were no mishaps during my IPL treatments, so I'd say that it is safe to get yourself zapped. Just be wary of what additional services they're pitching to you, and to find out what products are being used before hand. 

I'd tried a treatment at Bella (not IPL) where dead skin on the armpits was removed, only to be slathered on with some mask that had sea salt in it. Now darlings, in case you don't know, when there's an open wound (from removal of dead skin), putting sea salt on to it is like setting your skin on fire! It stings, it burns!! This bit was undeniably painful!


So, cut to the chase – did it work?
Well, from the first zapping session itself, I could see those annoying hair falling off (by itself!) Hallelujah or what?! You can indeed say goodbye to wax and epilators. Hair growth became relatively slower, lesser ingrown hairs, and after a few more subsequent sessions, it does seem like permanent hair removal is possible.


Now, note that I used the word possible. After the having a run of hair free patches, by the 6-7th session or so, I didn’t see much progress no more. It’s as if my hair follicles had developed immunity against the zapping magic. I suppose I do have really err..strong and stubborn hair (??)


I don't think even a Diva like her could get away with this mega fashion boo boo! Boo!


My verdict on this is: IPL does significantly reduce hair growth. Some areas are completely fuzz free, whilst there are still some more rooted strands here and there (coarser hair requires a longer time for hair growth to be disabled). A far cry from the overly healthy hair turf, pre-IPL. I’m only ¾ satisfied, because it’s still not completely removed. Granted that I still have a couple more sessions to go before finishing the entire package, so perhaps the full results is not seen as yet.


Overall, I would recommend IPL for involuntary hair farmers. Being (significantly) fuzz free is easy and you'd never feel more carefree! So, set yourself free via IPL!! :)

Note: Bella Skincare has over many branches in Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai, Indonesia, so take your pick on the location of the branch, if Bella Skincare is the place you want to do IPL treatment. Check out their list of branches here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If I were the girl in red in the picture, I would rather raise my arm, hahaha. I understand why many girls want to go through hair removal, especially those who are fond of wearing bikinis during summer. They want to flaunt their assets without worrying about other people seeing unsightly things.



Tobi Fistcher

Winnie said...

Hey so did the underarm therapy with bella work?

Anuj Kumar Gupta said...

Life can be challenging for women, where we spend hours shaving, waxing hair from our body; laser treatment is a solution forPermanent Hair Removal

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...