S Spa - Solaris Mont Kiara

An awesome weekend is one spent pampering yourself with no worries whatsoever! 

I must say darlings, for us those of us who are short on the finances yet still want give ourselves a treat, there’s an abundance of deals website that gives us that luxury. :)



So us divas found an awesome deal at S Spa, Solaris, for RM48 on milkadeal, for a 2.5 hrs long for these treatments (taken off the milkadeal website)”
“45 minutes each for Signature Purifying Facial and Aromatherapy Body Massage, 15 minutes each for Rose Salt Body Scrub and Steam Bath and 30 minutes Foot Spa (foot massage with Rose Geranium soak) would relieve you of any ache and pains felt when you first step in. Most importantly, it won’t break your budget. “
 
The Ambience
The reception area was comfortably lit, and clean, though the couch looked worn out – as if one too many people had scrubbed the couch raw. 
That's the "raw" couch
 The massage rooms looked impressive with a Balinese touch. However, the bathtub was leaky, and hence, we were just ushered to the bath area to wash off after the scrub. Also, I found the lights a tad to bright in the massage rooms, which would be a problem for those of you who are shy. If you’re afraid of the glare in your eyes, fret not, an eye patch will be put over your eyes. 


The Process
The advertised service was for a 45mins aromatherapy massage, 30mins steam bath, 15mins sea salt scrub and 30 mins foot massage. However, to me, the experience was more like 45mins oil scrub (I thought aromatherapy meant that I'd be massaged with scented oil - all I smelt was the leftover oil scent from a previous massage!); 20mins stream bath, what felt like 5mins worth of scrub, and 10mins worth of a foot soak. >_<

The Service

They’d need to have a more structured massage regime. For some of us, the massage was all over the place – starting with the leg for a bit, straight up to the back, down to the waist, as opposed to each leg, waist, up the back to the shoulders, and front. *confused* The aircond was also blasting directly towards us in one of the rooms - mind you, this is while you're stark naked!

The massage technique and skill was mediocre to me. I have problematic back and shoulders, and a good masseur is able to identify this without being told, and thus tailor the massage session to knead those knots. This did not happen. It felt like my masseur found the knots, attempted to knead it, realised it's tough, and gave up. I've been to massages where the masseur would ask if I'd rather focus on the problem areas - to me, that's the way to go in a massage session.

Verdict

To rate the service on a scale of 1-5, (1 = bad, 5 = good), I'd give it a 2.5. For the price that I'd paid it was value for money (RM48 for that many services). Nothing much to complain about for that kinda price.

I've read reviews on S Spa that was so good - I was dissapointed that it didn't meet up to my expectation. Perhaps it is true that the service is always extra awesome when the vendors know someone is writing up on them. Hmmm...

So ladies, if you think that it's otherwise, give it a visit, and let me know!
If you're interested, the above package was going for a promotion price of RM100.

Address:
S Spa
7-3, Jalan Solaris, Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur 50480

Price list can be viewed here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...