Color Me Nails Crazy at Colors Cabin

Hi everyone. 

I’m a manipedi-aholic. How can you not be, when there are deals for mani+pedis everywhere! *eyes glimmer in excitement* 

So, darlings, today, let me tell you about the deal that Colors Cabin Nail Spa and Beauty had on Milkadeal.


 What’s the deal about?

‘twas a RM68 Gelish manicure + basic pedicure + foot scrub + gel removal (on next visit).

I’ve never tried gelish manicure before so I was rather excited to break the noob status there!


The Ambience

Colors Cabin shares the same floor with a boutique (can't remember it's name now), which is good for you to browse about if you have to wait for your turn or for your friend to be done with their mani/pedi session.Nicely carpeted and brightly lit - a perfect ambience for a pampering session. 

The pedi chairs are the best! They're massage chairs that'll soothe your muscles till you're ready to mew and spread your toes to be beautified. The nail therapist kindly covered me legs with a towel, so I don't feel to bare/ cold on my pins, and even handed me a cushion to cuddle.

Felt right at home here! :)



Blissful chairs they have... so relaxed you'd feel that you'd just wanna close your eyes and snooze. With the limited chairs, they are only able to serve 3 customers at a go.

The Mani zone

The Process


The Gelish Manicure

My fingernails were cleaned off all traces of previous paintings, and the nails surface were filed leaving behind zigzag troughs. I found the gelish nail polish's colour selection to be too limited for my liking.

A glue like substance was then applied onto my nails, and left to bake in the UV dryer. Imagine this, instead of having the normal fan dryer, this dryer looks something like a mini "oven" where you stick your hand in, and the UV light dries the gel on your nails. The temperature was just nice for me, but for my friend, it was a tad too hot, and she felt like her nails were being toasted! After the gel has dried somewhat, the Gelish nail polish was applied in 3 coats. The nails are sent to the UV oven after each coat for about a minute or 2. The last toasting session was slightly longer, and thereafter, ta-dah. Dried nails! No runny polish! Nice!


The after effect. Notice how shiny the gel-ed nails are?
My hands were then slathered with OPI's Ginger Lily Lotion. It was meant to be a massage, but it felt more like merely being slathered, as mentioned with lotion. Nothing notable there, except for the lovely fragrance of the OPI lotion. 


The Basic Pedicure
It was as it's name suggests - a typical basic pedicure. Notable mention about the mint scrub that was used to give my legs a good rub down - it was minty, cooling, and left a tingly effect after. Me likey! :D

Cleanliness and Hygiene

All tools were disinfected with Bar-V-cide, which is a toaster-like box that disinfects through high temperature. Thumbs up!

Verdict:

The gelish manicure lasted me about 3 weeks without chipping! You'd need to go back to Colors Cabin to have the gel nail polish removed via soak-off method. Nails will be foil-wrapped in cotton soaked with the remover, thereafter, the nail polish is removed using a cuticle pusher. It was then filed off, thus thinning my nails :( There were remnants of the gel nail polish that couldn't be removed, lest my nails are filed too thin. This is one of the disadvantages of gelish nail polish.

By the time I had the nail polish removed, the color had faded to a pale looking pastel pink, which I wasn't too happy about. There was another customer removing her nail polish, but her color looked perfectly fine. Perhaps it only happens for pinks? *shrugs*

Still shiny, albeit pale looking.
I enjoyed my session here so much that on the very same day I purchased another gelish manicure for RM68 (half of the normal price). This was a special price offered to Milkadeal customers, so I was told. Also, darlings, come closer - every Monday, all services are 50% off at Colors Cabin!! Awesome!

I'm going back there for a manicure. Care to join me? *winks*
Where at?

Colors Cabin Nail Spa & Beauty
No.70a, Jalan SS21/62, 
Damansara Utama, 
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
47400
MY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...