Trendy braids!

Hey you girlies.. for some of you who have been following our chatz, you must know that Fat Princess Jojo is a scarf collector... And not only that, I like adding a little zest to my outfits using my scarves.. so whether its as a necklace replacement, or a wrapround, or a halter/ dress.. I have many different ones for different styles I wanna achieve! =)

When I saw this scarf braid.. I couldn't resist sharing with the rest of you!


I stumbled upon this sassy and trendy way to do up your braid! Instead of doing a regular old ponytail or plain ol' braid, by using a scarf worn as a headband, you can weave your hair into a braid and tie off at the end. Creates a casual and "beachy" look.. for a nice sunny day out! =P (pity we have not had one of those in the last week!) =I

 


Step one

Make a long, lightweight scarf into a headband by wrapping it over your head. Secure by tying one or two knots near the nape, letting the “tails” from the scarf dangle.

Step two

Separate hair into three sections for the braid. Using both tails from the end of the headband, twist them around the middle section so that it becomes one section in itself.

Step three: Braid your three sections. When you are almost at the end, leave yourself enough room to secure your braid by tying off. No other tools required!

Credits to BellaSugar for this trendy tip! =)

And if you do not have a scarf.. ribbons work beautifully too =P till then.. *smile and stay fabulous!

Ribbon Braids
Photo credits to http://autymn-wildncrazybraids.buzznet.com/user/photos/ribbon-braids/?id=66506051

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...