Help... I need a mascara!

Help I need a masacara! I had just finished my trusty "Unstoppable" Mascara by Maybelline and I needed to restock! This time I wanted something more versatile to take me from day wear to a casual night out with the girls. I share with you some of my findings and perhaps you can find it useful the next time you go Mascara hunting.. Enjoy! =)

Have an idea of the look you wanna achieve


The fresh day eyes -
To achieve the simple light makeup but bring definition to the eyes for your day wear, use a fairly thin wand to avoid too much application of mascara. Also to add curl to your lashes, use a curved wand.


Mascara Recommendation - ZA cutie Curl. Needless to say.. I went for this choice! =)

image

The dramatic eyes -

Create an illusion of volume in your lashes by using a wand with flexible bristles. Stroke mascara in a zig-zag manner carefully from root to tip. A brush with short bristles at both ends and long bristles down the middle
enables you to use a thicker-than-usual coat of mascara so it makes thin lashes look lustrous.

Mascara Recommendation: Maybelline Magnum curl

Maybelline  the MAGNUM VOLUM EXPRESS  Mascara Introductory Offer

The flirty fluttery eyes -
To make lashes appear longer, use a cone-shaped mascara wand. Also Mascara with fibers help too!

I'm not a fan of fibers, as I find myself consciously looking upwards at the fibers. Else falsies (eyelashes) helps too. A handy tip from a girlfriend, cut the falsies into two and lightly paste it in the middle towards the outer eyelid. This would not only lighten the weight of your falsies, but also lessen the irritation at the corners of you eyes =)

Mascara Recommendation: MAC Fiber Mascara
 MAC novel concept on eyelash bushy transplanting Gel+Natural Fiber Mascara+Fiber
Tips

Look for wands that are dual purpose when you're shopping. Some mascara wands not only apply mascara but are used to separate lashes after application or have fibers to create longer lashes (as mentioned above)!

Before applying mascara use an eyelash curler to create a more defined curl. Heat up eyelash curler for better effects!

Avoid clumps in mascara by using a mascara brush with bristles further apart so it acts like a comb.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...